Wuhan China Coronavirus

OB Guy

Administrator
Seeing how the Wuhan China Coronavirus is taking over the news and social media I thought we might as well have a thread about it here at Cichlidaholics. I was curious about how everyone here is being effected as far as schools, businesses etc. being closed. Right now Illinois has all schools, bars and restaurants closed and as of 3-21-20 we are on a Stay at Home order. Restaurants can be opened for carryout only. The shelves at all the grocery stores are pretty much empty. The stores have been restocking daily but people are going crazy and the lines are out the door just to get in.

My wife has been working from home since last week. The company she works for was originally going to split into two groups and alternate each week working from home but have now decided to keep all employees working from home until further notice. She normally takes the train to Chicago daily so I'm happy they decided to let her work from home. Those damn trains are like incubators for germs and viruses. My youngest son works in Chicago and takes the train daily and my oldest son drives a garbage truck so I'm worried about them.

JohnnyBlaze

Here in NY just about the same..100% work force reduction other than essential employees, so trying to figure out how to manage my staff...i got into this hobby shortly b4 outbreak so its helping keeping my mind busy...learning alot!!

OB Guy

Administrator
From what I've been seeing on the news it sound like New York in being hit the hardest as of now.

JohnnyBlaze

Starting to get worried now, seems like its all around me..im trying yo stay as close tk home, inside, and away from everybody at this point!!

OB Guy

Administrator
I'm doing the same here. I go to the store when we need food and necessities but that's about it for the last 2 weeks. I actually just got home from the grocery store and there was nobody in there but me and the employees. They did have everything we needed so we're set for next week.