Which Cichlid Species is this?

Krotz67

I am somewhat new to African cichlids, and have several OB Peacocks, Blue Dolphin, and Kenyi. I “rescued” a cichlid from someone who swore it was a Kenyi, and I didn’t know any better, but now that my original Kenyi have grown, I am certain that this new fish is NOT a Kenyi. Can anyone help me ID it? I looked online, but nothing seems definitive.

E122FC99-B3C0-4082-8EAC-4D76EFEA4459.jpeg

Thank you!

rtopa

Beautiful fish. I love the color of the purple/blue one - is that the blue dolphin? I'm new to cichlids so I'm trying to learn some of the varieties.

Krotz67

Yes, blue dolphins. There is a great breeder near me in northern Virginia, and I have Blue Dolphins and OB Peacocks from him. I also have Kenyi from a separate source (which I bought because I was told that was the fish at the beginning of this thread was a Kenyi), and they are breeding like CRAZY! I must have 2 dozen babies of various sizes 1" and smaller....

Krotz67

Something like 15. We just discovered two new ones. The guy I got the Blue Dolphins and OB Peacocks from cannot take the Kenyi, so I might need to start offloading them via Craigslist or Nextdoor.com. That is, if I can catch them!!