Top 10 Reasons Tropical Fish Die in a aquarium
- Poor Water Conditions: When the water goes bad, fish start to die. Doing Water Changes in Your Aquarium.
- Stress: Stress caused from adding new fish to your aquarium or from other aggressive fish in the tank.
- Lack of Tank Preparation: Failure to cycle a new tank can cause problems.
- Inappropriate Aquarium Size: Choosing a tank that’s too small for its inhabitants will lead to trouble.
- Incompatible Tankmates: Not all fish get along.
- Overfeeding: This one is easy to get wrong, but so important to get right.
- Bad Tank Management Practices: Perform water changes, clean the gravel and manage algae it you want your fish to thrive.
- Disease: Fish get sick sometimes, but there are some things we can do to prevent it.
- Dumb Moves: We all make mistakes. Go easy on yourself!
- Issues Beyond Your Control: Sometimes it isn’t your fault that your fish died.