Please Help ID Cichlid I Am Having Doubts

Harley

Hi I purchased this cichlid at a pet store as a Uaru ($25.99) it is about 1.5 to 2 inches in size. Please help ID I am having doubts. Cant tell you how long I been trying to get my hands on a Uaru wanted more than one but when I saw this one and it was labeled Uaru I didn't hesitate, that may have been my first mistake but hopefully not. Any way the reason that I am having doubt is because of the blue eyes and the blue developing on the underside of the cichlid. I have not seen any pics of Uaru displaying this color, so am I right its not a Uaru or am i mistaken and it is? Thank you so much for any help. Hope the pics are good enough to help, he wouldn't sit still...lol

Attachments

OB Guy

Administrator
It doesn't look like a Uaru but it's hard to say because the fish is still small and may change as it gets bigger. It almost looks like a Convict hybrid of some sort. Welcome to Cichlidaholics Cichlid Forum.

Harley

Thanks for the reply but I am pretty sure it isnt a Hybrid it comes from a well know aquarium store. My guess was a Cichlasoma spilurum but again not sure. And thank you for the welcome.