Dual Filter Aquarium

Catfishassasin

I have a 60 gallon tank with currently 6 fish in it now I have a penn plax cascade 700 I want to add a run dual filters on the aquarium but I want to add the cascade 1000 can I add a second bigger one or do they have to be the same size? New to the two filter idea I would have went bigger from the beginning but it was from my old 35 gallon tank so it was large for that set up I appreciate and advice on the subject.

OB Guy

Administrator
You can use different sizes and types of filters at the same time on your aquarium without any problems at all.

OB Guy

Administrator
You can never have to much filtration in my opinion especially on a Cichlid aquarium. On my 125 gallon aquarium I run a Fluval FX6 canister filter, Magnum 350 canister filter, Fluval U4 internal filter and 3 extra large sponge filters. I can go as long as 6 months without cleaning the Fluval FX6 and about 2 months on the other filters. I have approximately 40 medium size African Cichlids in that aquarium. I do a 10-20 gallon weekly water change and my water is clear and tests good. I like a overstocked aquarium and the fish are all healthy and doing fine. :D